Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My Sanyo Z-3 is four yrs old and has been running great. The bulb warning lite gad been going on recently so I just replaced the bulb reset the bulb hour counter and cleaned the unit. However, since I did that it still keeps shutting itself off without any warning. Has anyone experienced this or have any knowledge of similar issue??

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Ignacio

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I had the same problem with my Optoma and it was a bad bulb. I would exchange it. It could be a ballast problem but you can cross that road later if need be. Hopefully the bulb came with a warranty. Also if you still have the old bulb you might try it again and see if the problem goes away and if it does then the new bulb is the problem. IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TC,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes the bulb has a warranty, but how do I know if it actually is the bulb? Is there a way to confirm? Should I just send it back anyway?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well to be honest I don't know of a way to confirm but if you put your old bulb back and it works then that would definitley point in that direction.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Just double check that the fan is working as well, it will shut down the projector if it gets to hot. You may have accidentally disconnected the fan when you changed the bulb out.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Clean the filter!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts