Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Please help me diagnose "convergence" issues on CRT HDTV, please.

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question. I purchased this TV off craigslist this evening for $100. It is a Hitachi Ultravision 42". The add said it had a convergence issue and that theory is supported by a quick google search but I'm assuming you guys are the masters of this stuff. Also, It didn't come with a back panel so I can't find a model number:ponder:. I'd read that you can get a couple of new IC's and some resistors for relatively cheap but I figured that someone here would know for sure the best course of action. My limited knowledge of the subject came from an article on this site so if I'm completely off base, please let me know. http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/manufacturers-service-support/5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html. Thanks a million.

Edit: Please bear with me as I try to get my images attached. Sorry for the trouble.
Second edit:

See less See more
#3 ·
So I have figured out that the set is a Hitachi 43UWX10B. According to the DIY CRT Fix-It thread, I need the X480293 package of IC's and resistors. I searched the websites of the recommended dealers and didn't find this package. Can any recommend a distributor that still sells this package with the Sanyo chips? A quick google search yielded only this website http://www.audiolabga.com/mal_cart/data_html/X480293.html and I'm a little wary of it. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Which vendors did you search? Are they the ones listed as Hitachi distributors, such as Tritronics or Vance Baldwin? Some of the kits are out of stock right now, but the chips are the same in any of them. The resistors may not be however. I'll post a copy of the service bulletin for that kit which lists the resistors as soon as I get a chance. The resistors are available as common parts if you can't get the right kit at this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.