Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to projector and screens. I am purchasing an Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5030UB. I will be in a basement with no outside ambient light, but may have a lamp on and maybe a pool table light at times. The screen will be 110". The projector will be ceiling mounted 13' from screen, 8' ceiling. Seating is about 14' away. I've been reading about the Elite screens but can't figure out if I should get the CineWhite or CineGrey 5D? If I'm watching a movie it will be totally dark but when sports are on and people are over a lamp or two will be on. What do you think would be the best all around screen, especially if a lamp or two are on?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Tom,

If it were me, I'd go with the Cinegrey. Even with the lights out the whites will look white on a gray screen. The main thing is that you want that ambient light performance a gray screen gives you and you have enough lumens to get away with it.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, yes that does make sense. Now I'm researching screens. Should I stick with an Elite? Is Carada worth the extra money? I don't know what to get, trying to stay $800 or less for 110".
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts