Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I'm only going to go with a 5.1 system. The room is real small. 12x11. I purchased 2-LSi9's, LSi7's & LSiC at the same time. I then found a deal on 2-LSi9's and purchased those too. So I'm going to use either 4-LSi9's or use the 2-LSi7's as rears.

No idea on a sub yet.

See it's a small room. Still have to purchase a couch. Seating will only be about 6' from screen.
The screen's bigger when you sit closer, and at 1080, you can sit pretty dang close!

·
Banned
357 Posts
Chris that box is 19in x 19in x 19in

Sure you can go bigger but in smaller room where is the linedrawn and when is it over powering the rest of your system. I like the idea of an IB as mucha s the next nutter on here but if its producing 120-130dB and I have speakers thet only produce 80-85dB you're talkin some serious over powering. That sub I mentioned above will prolly rock a normal sized living (eg; 16' x 12' x 7' to about 20' x 15' x 9') Any room more then that just make a second one and be happy.

You know the saying just because you can, doesn't always mean you should do something..

~Bobby

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chris that box is 19in x 19in x 19in

Sure you can go bigger but in smaller room where is the linedrawn and when is it over powering the rest of your system. I like the idea of an IB as mucha s the next nutter on here but if its producing 120-130dB and I have speakers thet only produce 80-85dB you're talkin some serious over powering. That sub I mentioned above will prolly rock a normal sized living (eg; 16' x 12' x 7' to about 20' x 15' x 9') Any room more then that just make a second one and be happy.

You know the saying just because you can, doesn't always mean you should do something..

~Bobby
What are the dimensions of the port in that sub?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just recently picked up a pair of RT3000P's and a CS1000P. In the manual it say you can run a "Line In" to the sub amp from a pre-out of your processor and a "High Level" from your processor to the mids-highs. My question is, has anyone done this (pre outs from Left and Right channels and high level for mids-tweets) and is there any benefit in sound by using this method? I have a Denon 3803 so I have the capability to do this but before buying more sub cables I wanted to see if it would be worth it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Those polk LSi's are very attractive! Nice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run RT55s, CS300, RT/FX & RT25i downstairs w/ 2 SVS PC+ (7.1).

4 RT25i a CS300 and Velodyne CT100 upstairs (5.1).

I also have a pair of monitor 10s

Polk has the best CSRs anywhere!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Mike. I am an active member over at the Polk Forum (Midnite Mick) and am curious to here some of the older Polk's. Would like to know the what the old SDA's sound like. I have a feeling they would be right in my wheelhouse in regards to my preferences. I love a big 3 dimensional sound and if they sound open as well........well :drool: .

Mike

I'll bite, I have a pair of Polks SRS SDA2's dating to circa 1985.... They have been retired from my 2nd system and are now on duty as fronts in a 5.1 system at a second home I own with my brothers. They still sound quite good, but always needed a little "junk in the trunk"...we gave it to them with a little bit of help from a "semi-retired" Hsu 10v sub. Very non-fatiguing sound and ability to play quite loud, but just a bit of a veil in the upper midrange relative to newer, far more expensive boxes. Couldn't bear to part with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, yes!

I have two 5.1 home theater setups with mostly Polks!

The living-room setup consists of:
Mains: RTi100's
Center: CSi30
Rear: RTi38's
Sub: HSU STF-2
Everything is powered by an Onkyo TX-SR702 Receiver, video and music comes from a Denon DVD-2910. A Samsung 56" DLP Set (HL-P5663) completes the setup.

The bedroom setup consists of:
Mains: R30's
Center: CS245i
Rear: R15's
Sub: PSW202

Everything is driven by an old and cheesy Pioneer receiver (VSX-D509S). Video comes from a Toshiba HD-A3! which drives a 42" Olevia LCD monitor (342i).

Sorry Sony! No Blu-Ray in my immediate future!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm running SDA 1Cs, CS400i and SDA-CRS+ w/ M5jrs back surrounds on my combo rig. They need a bit of horsepower to make them sing, but are incredible music and HT speakers. I'm also a big fan of the RTAs, early Monitors and LS series. I've auditioned the RTis and the new A series, RTs and LSis...pretty much every Polk speaker I've heard has something going for it.

The difference between the big boys, 1.2s and 2.3s, vs. the medium sized 1Cs is simply scale. In most rooms, the 1Cs are every bit as good.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got in on the deal at Fry's and got set of LSI 15 that are my fronts. I wish I had gone ahead and gotten a LSI C because I can't find one anywhere now. I have one on order but it's now sounding like it will be the end of April before any are available. Then when budget allows I'll get a pair of LSIF/X.

I'm glad this thread was started here. Club Polk doesn't seem to offer that much info.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got in on the deal at Fry's and got set of LSI 15 that are my fronts. I wish I had gone ahead and gotten a LSI C because I can't find one anywhere now. I have one on order but it's now sounding like it will be the end of April before any are available. Then when budget allows I'll get a pair of LSIF/X.

I'm glad this thread was started here. Club Polk doesn't seem to offer that much info.
:scratch: There are tons of LSi threads over the last 5 years regarding this line on CP. It's the most respected speaker of the current lineup with hundreds of member owners. What specifically is your question?

·
Registered
228 Posts
No specific question, mostly just comment. Unless you know where I can get a new LSI C under $400 and not have to wait until the end of April.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No specific question, mostly just comment. Unless you know where I can get a new LSI C under $400 and not have to wait until the end of April.
You might get lucky on ebay or craigslist, but if you join and participate over on Club Polk, you'll find that hookups happen all the time...not necessarily when you're looking for it. It's important to participate, just like here. If you just want to score, you'll get some grief. Asking questions will get you tons of answers.:reading:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m running Polk SRS SDA 2.3TL’s for my fronts, SDA 2B’s for the rears, and an M5jr for the center channel. I’m very impressed with most of Polk’s speakers (I own 7 pairs) but not with their subwoofers. Instead, I’m running an M&K MX-90 sub with dual 12” woofers in a push-pull configuration and a 300w amp.

The TL version of the SDA line has the updated tweeters that removed the harshness of the earlier line. My 2.3TL’s date 1991 and since, I’ve replaced all the drivers and completely rebuilt the crossovers with Soniccraft caps and mills resistors. I’ve also updated the 2B’s and M5jr’s with the new tweeter and rebuilt the crossovers accordingly.

The sound is very impressive! Just ask my neighbors…

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI.....Many Lsi owners have not been happy with the LsiC to be honest. I had it before and felt like it was kind of flat, and veiled sounding. Many people prefer an Lsi 9 as a center channel. Something you may want to research a little more...maybe you can find a single somewhere, split with somebody, or go 6.1.

Regards,
Mike

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
FYI.....Many Lsi owners have not been happy with the LsiC to be honest. I had it before and felt like it was kind of flat, and veiled sounding. Many people prefer an Lsi 9 as a center channel. Something you may want to research a little more...maybe you can find a single somewhere, split with somebody, or go 6.1.

Regards,
Mike
I have the Lsi C and have been happy with it, although for me, if it's audible, it's good :bigsmile:. I'll have to try and find an Lsi 9 and try that to see if I can notice a difference.

Bob

S

·
0 Posts
Well figured I'd come and join the Polk Owner Thread...Since I picked up mine when they were on clearance/sale and I'm a happy camper.

Front: Rti 8
Center: Csi 3
Surrounds: Fxi A4
Sub: eD A3-300
Reciever: Onk 705

To me this setup sounds and works amazing for games and movies..It was an amazing investmet :)

21 - 40 of 113 Posts