Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Polk Audio RTIA9 Floor Standing Speakers as rears?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  R-kenn 
#1 ·
Hello!

So i came upon a pretty large sale for Polk Audio RTIA9's, $400 cad each, and bought two. However the website checkout made an error and ended up purchasing 4, and i didn't notice till they were on my door step.

I am looking into surround speakers as well, specifically the Polk Audio FxiA series, however i noticed that even with (current) sales, those smaller speakers cost more than the RTIA9's.

My question is , should i just keep them and use them as surround rears? Or possibly surround sides, and stick with the FxiA series for surround rears? Or just return them...

I am aware of the large power requirement, but aside from that?

what do you think?

Edit: I have a large basement, about 26ft by 30ft. Id say i watch movies, and listen to high fidelity music equally.

#4 ·
When I think about it I can't see how it would have a negative impact on my music, but I guess what I'm asking is would the speakers have a negative effect on surround sound for movies compared to the rtia4 or fxiA series , such as an improper frequency response or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.