Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I am generally not a fan of Polk.
Most speakers that are not part of a home theater in a box package have model numbers.
Look at newegg and Amazon (lots of Polk available) to see what you can get for your budget.

On the other hand if you can listen to them and you like them the price is probably OK.
Maybe even negotiable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I owned Polk speakers and generally didn't like them too much either. If they are all in working order test them and negotiate pricing. If you like them and the price you pay it's a deal regardless any opinions here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my opinion polk speakers a good speaker ,you will certainly get a bang for buck experience.but give am a listen and let your ears decide

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I'm a Polk Audio Fan..as you can see by my signature line below. If your tight for cash and the speakers sound decent for about $40 each you can't go wrong. On the other hand if you have money I'm sure there are newer higher quality speakers available.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
I don't know if that model is any good or not. The only thing that really maters is that you like the sound of them. Based purely off the picture and Polk brand they seem to be reasonably priced.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know the model number, but that "Dynamic Balance" tweeter was featured on Polks Rt line for years. I owned a few and they sounded great. You won't be disappointed, and you certainly won't beat them at that price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if that model is any good or not. The only thing that really maters is that you like the sound of them. Based purely off the picture and Polk brand they seem to be reasonably priced.
Once you own polk speakerz ull'be intoduced to the audiophile world,then upgrade later

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Looks like they are from the early/mid 90's. I'd guess they are Polk Audio S6 speakers, went for about $400 pr. new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Guys for all your input, yea I need decent/good speakers. I've been thinking about a speaker kit, you might of heard of them "Tri Trix MTM ST" speaker kit. Think that'd be a good upgrade? The kit is $260. My front mains now are just some old Technics SL101's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts