Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

first of all I would like to say Hi to everyone on this forum and thank the authors of REW for taking the time to write and improve the program.

I am using Vista with a RS 2050 meter and a Ber UCA 202 USB soundcard.

I have done all the setup and calibrations as per the instructions. However when I do a sweep the graphs that appear are not like the others I see.

My subwoofer graph is a almost perfectly straight line like the right hand side of a hill. My higher frequency graph is a straight flat line.

When I watch the SPL meter during the sweep the needle is swinging all over the place so I know I have some nulls and peaks. It is frustrating not to see the resuts come up and be able to experiment with speaker positioning etc My room is accoustically treated but I am sure it is not as good as the graph would seem to suggest.

Can anyone help am I missing something obvious?

thanks for any help

regards
Darren

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sounds like the measured response isn't displaying and you're looking at the target lines. Bill's right, get up to 5 posts, wait an hour, and post your pix so we can see.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
If you click the "Go Advanced" button, I believe you can use the "Manage Attachments" feature even without 5 posts. If you can see the "Manage Attachment" button, you can upload your picture. If not, use the Post Padding thread, as mentioned. Either way, just make sure your jpg. is smaller than 800 x 800.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts