Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just finish putting together my first DIY port box for my Dual Infinity Perfect 12's. But here is my problem. I designed the port thinking that I would put a plate amp on the back so I make the port to stop before it. My box is Outside dia 18"x16.25"x44" with a port of 16.5"x3"x55" so around 19~20 Hz 3/4" MDF but here is the problem. I put 3 180 degree turns in the port front firing with a front firing driver. I have put one together and the other I have not assembled yet. I am no longer using the plate amp so i could do a L-shape port now. Should I scrap the first box and buy another sheet of MDF or finish what I started with the wood already cut for the second box? I am not going to be pushing the sub very hard and from what I could figure the air speed on the port is going to be very very low, so should I even bother? Cost is a major factor so if it isn't going to be that big of a difference I am just going to finish it up the way I got it.

G

·
0 Posts
As long as you figured the port diameter correctly, the bends should not effect port noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Trouth302

Any update on this project ?

I am looking at a similar build and really looking forward to your finished product.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are almost finished. I had a small get together at the house last week so I rushed the finish. I also change the was they are sitting in the room as well so I have to finish one more exposed side. But as far as sound it is night and day difference. Movie effects are much better, music quility has fell alittle but not much. I ended up going with a crown 402 and a bump box s-covertor and couldn't be happier. I will post pics as soon as the paint dries and they are back in the room. Over all the box is 44"tall 17" deep 18" wide. If you are waiting on me to finish before you started, go ahead you will not be disappointed. Also the port has no problems what so ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts