Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I moved to tactile devices below 18 Hz. More effective if done right and easier on the house foundation:)

Taking a driver that has Fs of 21.3 and lowering it by 1/2 octave in a large box Xmech will become and issue quickly in the infrasonic area. Not saying you can't do it just more effective ways of getting what you want with really high SPL values.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I stay under the xmax modeled at 1800 watts of power with a hpf set to 10hz. So I should he fine there and at 2.5 meters will have 108 db at 12HZ and 115 from 20hz and up. If I recall correctly.

Bass shakers are going to be added at some point too just not yet. Being a all cement room the room gain is nice too but not counted on in the numbers. My wife said I can add a second sub as well so a crushed lung should come any day.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got a new AVR, so I re-tuned my MiniDSP last night. The before and after response is night and day. I can't imagine a high octane HT bass machine w/o one. That said, the hpf is a given. Like others have said, don't worry if your explosions are x milliseconds out of alignment with the rest of the sound. You will never know it. (And I just can't bring myself to trust Audyssy, etc, auto-eq systems).

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks. I have the tube and all the parts now just waiting on a friend to cut the wood to be cut for me and it will be done.

Here is a pic of the 30 inch sonotube forced into a PA cruiser.

ForumRunner_20150201_225029.png

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Let's just say this. I have to drive 45 miles with the hatch open as that is as much that would fit.

The part that was the worse was trying to get it out on my own. Took 1 1/2 hours to force it out because of how tight the fit was. My wife sat inside and laughed at me in the cold.

I am so close to bring able to complete this build but I need that wood cut.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I would of least staged a photo of that thing with someone sitting inside the tube with a propane torch to make it look like a jet engine haha.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well she told me I can order a second driver if I want so she can't be too unhappy about it. Not sure where I would install a second one however.

2 would be best as I can spread the drivers out and even out the sound. But first I need to complete this one and see how it turns out.

The final design will be 26.5 cf tuned to 12HZ

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well she told me I can order a second driver if I want so she can't be too unhappy about it. Not sure where I would install a second one however.

2 would be best as I can spread the drivers out and even out the sound. But first I need to complete this one and see how it turns out.

The final design will be 26.5 cf tuned to 12HZ

Who needs that lol

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I want 4 of them one for each corner. That is if I ever start my build in the basement. Or maybe 2 midway on the side walls and a pair in the front corners would be nice.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Two... maybe. Only the sickos here :dumbcrazy: need more than 2x21"-ported (ie, most of us). I like your moxy though. Check my build thread for some tips. BTW, your wife needs to be sainted. We should all be so lucky. I know I'm not.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Oh I will trust me on that. It should sound nice I went with a 10" port and model based on 1800 watts of power and the air speeds should be fine.

That is 50% over the 1200 watts the driver is set to handle and it should come out well sense I looked at worse case scenario.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts