Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The components are my 65" Visio tv model M656-H4 w/ eArc
My Sony receiver model STR-DN 840 w/ Arc
and my Comcast cable box ...All connected with HDMI...
It is so weird, Yes I have tried different cables but the sound intermittently will fade in and out...
Watching the news is fine until the station starts to play background music then sound will fade until speech only starts again...
And the same while watching a movie. However, it does not occur on every channel....We think our TV is possessed or something.
Please, Any ideas or work around would really be appreciated....And Thankyou for reading.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your description of the issue is weird. Not sure if this will help, but the AVR and TV BOTH have to have ARC/eARC enabled for it to work. If only ONE is enabled, odd things can happen.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a STR-DN1080 and AT&T TV (DirecTV Stream as of TODAY). A few months ago, I had to disable the eARC function in each streaming box to get volume control to work again on all my AVR'S.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On many devices, you must also enable CEC or control over HDMI for ARC/eARC to work. Unfortunately, different manufacturers have different names for CEC. Sony calls it Bravia Connect I think. Furthermore, on the AVR or processor, you may have to select an ARCANELY NAMED feature. On Marantz products, they call it TV Audio instead of ARC/eARC. So you can have eARC working, but never hear anything because you haven't selected the right virtual input on the AVR/processor. Other brands may use a different name for the ARC input you have to select before getting sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts