Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
response graph.gif

response graph 2.gif

response graph 3.gif

Woofer: Dayton Titanic MK3
Power: Bash 500watt
PR'S: Acoustic Elegance ( http://aespeakers.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=42 ) Set at 1700 grams. (2 of them)

Box: 3.5" filled with Poly. Dowel braced and 1.5" mdf all the way around. I Feel I need to add another layer of .75 MDF.

Questions:

Does this look right/ did this right?

Where should the LPF kick in at and at what increment? (-3, -6, etc)?

Could I take the RCA and put in a LPF (should be a HPF as I want to eliminate the low notes) circuit and filter the notes like that? I feel this is the best idea since it stops everything before it gets powered (less waste).

Thank you :D

NEW VERSION

new version.png.gif

Does this look better? I did 1050 grams and a 3.5 cube with NO stuffing.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
It looks like that is a very low tuning for that woofer and that small of box volume, there is noticeable roll-off below 50Hz. On the bright side the roll off in that kind of alignment is shallow. A passive radiator sub shouldn't be filled with stuffing just as a ported sub shouldn't be filled with stuffing. 1.5" MDF is quite stout already, to me going any thicker wouldn't do anything more than make the sub unreasonably heavy. That thick of walls with some halfway decent bracing should be adequate. The usual LPF of 80-100Hz looks like it would work fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Should be a HP filter. There is over 10 random dowels inside the box. Why should it not be stuffed? What type of tuning/ size box I should go for? This is for 80% music and 20% movies.

the weight can only be changed to its stock of 1050 grams EACH. Would this be best to do?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
You would want the HP filter just below the system tuning frequency, which looks to be labeled on your first plot as 16Hz.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new Fc = 17.36 Hz; Q= .817; Boost peak is at about 35 Hz with a gain of .28 dB; Gain at Fc = -1.75dB

Found this is what my Bash500 does.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is mainly for music. I'm limited to 3.5 cubes. But would be nice to know the ideal box I should make if circumstances change.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
For HT the Titanic likes 8 -10 cu.ft. If you haven't already purchased the PR's you should consider the CSS APR 15's.

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=APR15

They offer the ability to tune a cabinet by adding the 0 -900 grams of washers from the outside, and offer greater versatility in tuning different sized cabinets, something the A.E. PR's can't do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts