Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask for prayers for my brother who is going to Afganistan on the 21st. He's an MD who will be out there for a year dealing with casualties. I want to pray that he has the strength and gift to help all those he lays his hands on and to make a positive impact on people's lives there.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ray, I will also say a prayer that he is kept safe from harm.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Yes, there is a lot of harm there now (worst than ever) and medical facilities are becoming number 1 targets unfortunately. He found out recently that the medical facilities are hurting in a real bad way and they cannot keep up with the injuries. Ron (my brother) is part of a medical team of 300 that will be there for about a year. He and his wife live in San Diego and were able to visit all of us (the family) here in Albuquerque over the Labor Day weekend for 4 days (which is why I have not been very active lately here). We spent a lot of time together (my 3 year old loved it!). But, we're worried, it's very stressful out there and hard for one to keep their wits, especially when they have to deal with a lot of death surrounding them (Ron talked to someone already there and they mentioned there are up to 14 a day - the medical team takes care of all of NATO). I really wish this war was over and pray that it will end soon. They all need all the prayers that can be all of us can give - it's a powerful gift to give them.

Thanks again for the prayers, they are much appreciated and kept close to heart.

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts