Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be replacing my old but trusty NAD T163. It would be nice to get some feedback on the processors listed here:

Marantz AV7703 ($1500)
Yamaha CX-A5100 ($1700)
Onkyo PR-RZ5100 ($1800)

They are reasonably priced, but I'm cheap so I tend to go for the bottom dollar unit.
Which of these is better, and trouble free?

My thinking is "audio first", as I am a former musician and music is still a passion for me. The reviews on these are all good, with a nod going to the Onkyo for the best audio quality. The Yamaha was selected as a "Top Pick" by Sound & Vision.

Does anyone here have real world experience with any of these? Thoughts? Positive and/or negative?

Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice price, hope it works for a while. Have a friend with one that lasted a couple years but died recently.
Every processor I've owned has died an early death. Starting with a Signature Series Harmon Kardon, and my NAD T163 now.
The reviews on the Integra were extremely good, both for the audio and video.
I may purchase an extended warranty.

edit: I purchased the extended warranty, 5 years total coverage. A bargain at $72.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Every processor I've owned has died an early death. Starting with a Signature Series Harmon Kardon, and my NAD T163 now.
The reviews on the Integra were extremely good, both for the audio and video.
I may purchase an extended warranty.

edit: I purchased the extended warranty, 5 years total coverage. A bargain at $72.
Good idea IMO to purchase the extended warranty.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would have went with Yamaha as they have the lowest rate of returns of bad units. If you look at my signature, you will notice that a bigger part of my equipment list is Yamaha. The RX-V1900, the RX-V1500, the KX800 x 2 and the K-20 have all been purchased used with no work done on them to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts