Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello .. Moving into a new home which the builder is pre-wiring for 5.1, but I am leaning towards buying a 7.1 with a good receiver.. I dont know much about pre-wiring (other than it makes the set up easy) .. My question to you all is, would this set up still work if i buy a 7.1 system, can I still use the 5.1 pre-wired and use the remaining 2 speakers outside of the pre-wired set up??

Thank you all for your time and help

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hello .. Moving into a new home which the builder is pre-wiring for 5.1, but I am leaning towards buying a 7.1 with a good receiver.. I dont know much about pre-wiring (other than it makes the set up easy) .. My question to you all is, would this set up still work if i buy a 7.1 system, can I still use the 5.1 pre-wired and use the remaining 2 speakers outside of the pre-wired set up??

Thank you all for your time and help
Probably but you provide no details about what your builder is putting in (or what components you will use). Frankly, I am pessimistic about general contractors being sufficiently savvy although, logically, some know what they are doing. Why not ask the builder?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts