Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

Was trying to find the latest midi USB interface everyone prefers and where to buy. I've tried several times with an older (2yrs) roland UM1 to interface between a windowsXP laptop REW and BFD1124P. I'm usually pretty good with PC's and device driver problems, but this one was killing me.

Looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything was showing like it was talking. REW said it was writing to the BFD and confirmed. The cable has a center section with traffic lights and showed when settings were supposedly being written.

Checked the BFD after and no new changes. I'll mess with it more this summer again once setup. I'm looking at cheapo midi usb cables as backup to try. I want the midi to work shoving settings for me cause I'll be helping a few friends EQ mainly BFDs and FBQ1000s.

I've input my settings manually like a pro, but life could be so much easier to get this handshake and actual transfer of data with a click. Buttons and beer get tiring lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Know what John, I'll bet your completely right on that. I'm into 1/2 cup of coffee this morning sitting in BumF and thinking back I don't remember ever setting my BFD up for midi. I remember seeing the same instructions you linked but looking in my notes folders it's not there.

I'll have someone at the house check this out and see if it was left "on" for midi when I last visited. I hope it's off and mystery solved.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts