Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Marantz AV7005 prepro that is putting out a very low signal from the front left channel. It doesn't matter if it's from a source, or the processors internal signal used when adjusting each channel's level. When I run through it's internal signal to adjust channel levels, when it should be 75 Hz or so, it is very faint.

I took it into an authorized dealer, and it was there for two weeks, and they could find nothing wrong. Very frustrated. I have tested the speaker of course, all cables, power amp channel, etc. and it all leads back to a channel issue with the prepro. 'Testing' just consists of switching speakers, running interconnect to a different power amp channel, etc. I reset the prepro for posterity's sake, but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?? Any help really appreciated. I suspect it'll end with taking it back to a dealer to see what's up with it. Thanks for any help!

Dustin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different connection wires? Cleaning of the terminals maybe?
I swapped cables, even speaker wires, with same result. I'll take cleaner to terminal and see what happens. Seems like service center would catch that, though.

Going to try resetting it again, and perform any firmware update as well. Some forums lean towards those as issues somewhat. Not optimistic, though.

Thanks,

Dustin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts