Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a primer on taking home theater pictures... most particularly screen shots with the only light being from the projected image.

Does it depend on your camera? If so... I own a Canon G6 and a Canon S2, whichever is best to work with I will use. I know there has to be better settings so I can get better shots in my room. You can see a few of them here. I know... they are pitiful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would like a primer on taking home theater pictures... most particularly screen shots with the only light being from the projected image.

Does it depend on your camera? If so... I own a Canon G6 and a Canon S2, whichever is best to work with I will use. I know there has to be better settings so I can get better shots in my room. You can see a few of them here. I know... they are pitiful.

Thanks!
Those are a couple of really nice cameras Sonnie but lower light shots are a little tough without a DSLR camera and a fast lens. Probably your best setting is to set your camera in AV mode and then set the ISO to either its highest setting or the second to the highest. Actually most of your shots look pretty good. Have you adjusted them any in a Photoshop program? A little contrast and brightening adjustment along with a small amount of sharpening can make a big difference. Even just using the autofix function can do wonders. Also if you are not using a tripod one can be a life saver when shooting at slower shutter speeds for low light/indoor shots. The S2 being image stabilized would be your best camera to use if shooting hand held.:T

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts