Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any pro football fans hangin' out?

Just finished watchin' the last part of the Colts vs. Patriots game. Colts win. My wife is a big Peyton Manning fan. I would kinda like to see them do well this year myself.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Lately, I've been CONSUMED with college ball.. and just haven't gotten in to this season yet. Might have something to do with Cal doing well with a real good chance of making the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1959 AND with the fact that the teams I kinda like, Green Bay and Oakland, really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really stink.

That being said, the Colts/Patriots game was a good game to watch.

JCD

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have too for the most part... I catch a little bit of the Pro action all along. Yeah, Oakland played last night and looked pretty sick. I watched a little bit of Art Shell's new conference on ESPN and I thought he was gonna cry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's almost nothing better than lighting a fire in the fireplace, drinking some type of alcohol, having the family over and watching the NFL on Thanksgiving.

I'm a big Giant fan and fri-ggin' Eli Manning is really killin' me. :wits-end:
I'm trying to figure out what the Giants saw in him? If someone knows what that is (since its not his athletic ability, speed, accuracy or arm strength), please let me know. Even the sportswriters and radio stations here in NY are starting to scratch their hand. :scratchhead:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... Eli is not doing so well. I watched a little snippet on him on ESPN today. I think several folks were thinking he's be another Peyton, the best QB in Pro ball IMO.

I've always been a big Jets fan from way back in the Joe Namath days (former BAMA QB). They ain't doing so hot either though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah but the Jets were supposed to have a bad season and they are surprising a lot of people including their fans. Even the games they lost were heartbreakers as they could have gone either way. The Giants OTOH were in some experts picks to get to the SuperBowl.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Dallas is for real with their new QB Roma... they have really come on strong. Another newbie QB is Rivers with San Diego... he is remarkable as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Adam... what in the world happened to the Giants yesterday? :raped:
Words can not describe what a debacle that was. The same stupid mistakes week after week, the same poor play-callin', and the same weak effort. Gee, I wonder whose fault that is Tom! The good news is that Antonio Pierce (our best defensive player and team leader) reminded the media today that the Steelers had a similar record with several poorly played embarassing games before they went on a roll to win their last 5 or 6 regular season games, the playoffs and the SuperBowl. Not sure what that has to do with the Giants, though. :laugh:

The Dallas game at the Meadowlands next week is the season for the Giants (if they lose).

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point on the Steelers... who also ain't doing so hot this year. They sure don't look like a team that won the SB last year.

Dallas is pretty hot right now. It could be all she wrote after this weekend. :huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts