Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, when I starting calibrating the soundcard the output level is -12db and the max input i can adjust is -26db. The instruction states that I need to adjust the input level close to the output level. But I can't. I adjusted the volume from the mixer to max and it can only go up to -26db. What's wrong. I went ahead and calibrate the soundcard and here's the graph. Please tell me what i can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
The graph looks perfect.

When you run the soundcard routine, set the sweep level to -6dB instead of -12dB. Hopefully your soundcard is in stereo 2.0 with all your effects, surround modes, CMSS etc, all shut off.
Double check that you're looping the correct channel from out to in (i.e. right channel) and that you're using a mono cable with stereo connectors........

brucek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi brucek, thanks for your reply. So, you are saying that I should run it with -6dB sweep level and calibrate the soundcard? Yes, it's stereo (set it to speaker 2.1) and all other effects are off.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yeah, read the little help window that comes up when you do the soundcard calibration. It tells you to use -6dB sweep level, and when the routine is over it automatically returns the sweep level to -12dB for normal measuring....... :)

brucek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts