Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I recently got the REW 5 in the pursuit of treating my small studio room. It' s installed on a Mac Intel DualCore Duo with Snow Leopard. The mic is ECM8000 connected to a M-Audio ProFire 610. The idea is that I cannot properly calibrate the audio interface. In preferences I can select my souncard only as an input device and once selected I cannot select any input channel, as the only option here is default input. For the output device I have available only two options: Default Device and Java Sound Audio Engine. I connected the loopback on the left channel (chan 1), but when I try to calibrate the soundcard I have no Input metering. The same happened when checking levels. I have tried also the workaround with Soundflower and LineIn, but with no success.

I don't know where to go from here. Please help me out here.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I don't know where to go from here. Please help me out here.
- Well, if you can't get it to work ( using the Soundflower & LineIn patch ) then the most simple solution is to buy a USB based , 2-chnl soundcard .

- ( OTOH ), you could also use the Macs builtin soundcard & an external mic pre-amp for the test mic . Such as in the following setup ;

:sn:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your prompt reply Earl. In the meantime I have installed REW on the Windows partition (along with the soundcard drivers), I booted in Windows to allow the OS to grab the soundcard and when I hit the Calibrate button (actually the next button, just before the sine wave) everything froze. Turned off the computer from the on/off switch, booted again and... ze same problem. Beats me. :sad:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Thank you for your prompt reply Earl. In the meantime I have installed REW on the Windows partition (along with the soundcard drivers), I booted in Windows to allow the OS to grab the soundcard and when I hit the Calibrate button (actually the next button, just before the sine wave) everything froze. Turned off the computer from the on/off switch, booted again and... ze same problem. Beats me. :sad:
Sorry, I don't have any insights to offer, when running REW in that manner ( it has been successfully accomplished previously / though, perhaps not through a FireWire connection ? ) .

:sn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts