Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used WINISD Pro for over 5 yrs, so it is really easy for me to use, But I just noticed on my new laptop running WIN7 that I can input drivers, and run them no problem. BUT....if I want to send the drivers .wdr file over to someone else , it doesn't show up in the Drivers folder of Linearteam???

If I add new drivers when I go to save I can see that the other drivers I have imputed are "locked" files (again, .wdr files)

How do you unlock WinISD Pro driver (.wdr) files??? I have never seen this issue before.

HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Beginning with Vista, Microsoft disallowed applications from writing data to \Program Files and \Program Files (x86) and their subdirectories unless the application is being run as Administrator. Applications aren't supposed to write files to those directories, but some older ones not designed for Win7 and Vista still do. I believe what Win7 does in this circumstance is to silently create a new folder not under \Program Files and write the files there instead, but I don't remember exactly where the folder is. You should be able to find the missing files and mystery folder by searching for *.wdr on your entire C: drive. You might need to do a Tools, Folder Options, View, Show hidden files, folders and drives (or the equivalent from the "Organize" drop-down button: Organize, Folder and Search Options, View) in Windows Explorer to see them.

The latest version of WinISD, which isn't actually linked from the Linearteam homepage, but is linked from Juha's Twitter account :huh:, is designed to work with Win7 and doesn't have this problem. It can be downloaded here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe. That version stores the .wdr files under My Documents\WinISD\drivers, so if you have some .wdr driver files you've created in a different folder and you need to use them, you'll need to copy them over to the new directory under My Documents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts