Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just recently bought a BenQ W1070 for my new house and due to having my room decorated soon I am now needing to choose a paint for the projection wall. The projector will be around 3.6m away from the wall at 1.00x zoom, which should give about a 108" inch screen. It can be moved closer and 1.30x zoom utilized. Any recommendations for this - 1.00x or 1.30x zoom? I would expect to be sitting around 3-4m away from wall usually and sometimes around 2.4m. The room should be fairly light controlled with blackout blinds and curtains. I would expect viewing conditions usually to be in a fully darkened state. The room itself is 4.3m by 2.9m, I would go for a larger screen but there is a light switch on the projection wall and I am worried about projecting to the very corner so left 15cm off the side for that. There will be some 3D viewing but I don't think an awful lot.

I have been looking at grey steel 1 & 2 as potential paints from Dulux and have noticed two finishes are usually recommended ( flat matte/matte). Is either finish preferred over the other and what would be the differences? Which would be the recommended paint based on my specifications?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant chart! Thanks a lot :wave:

I don't have a light meter so can't measure myself. Using the table and some settings I've seen on various forums its looking like between 600 and 800 lumens on eco mode. I do plan to calibrate it a month or two down the line. Am I right in thinking that the fL unit in the table relates to my screen size and that I should be aiming for around 14fL?

I'm going to test the GS1 first as it will be my general wall paint. I will build a screen next month that will protrude from the wall slightly to stop my light switch from potentially reflecting on the screen. I'll try GS2 and GS3 on that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts