Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any mounts out there with some fine-level, smooth adjustments? Tilt, side/side, maybe up/down? I have a PJ without lens shift, and the mount I have now is very clunky. If I need a quarter inch, its usually "THWUMP"....then way too much....its very frustrating. I've thought about installing some elevator bolts for some fine tune adjustments, but maybe there is something out there purpose built?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
I know how you feel!.:gah: I bought an expensive Peerless mount thinking that it would give me a smooth precise adjustment to all angles, but it was still a friction adjustment like most others and very difficult to align the image precisely..and the locking screws are right in the path of the projector vents, so you get a nice blast of hot air on your hands when making adjustments!!
I also would be interested to know if there is a precision adjustable mount on the market!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had visions of a precision dial like that found on a microscope, but that's probably not happening....though I think it would be perfect.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have that Peerless mount holding up my ~25lb. JVC projector. It's a rock-solid unit, and adjustments can be made easily, smoothly and in very small increments. I paid closer to $140-$150 for it, and I consider it to be worth every penny.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ended up buying the Peerless PRGUNV and I mounted my EPSON 8350 last night. It is stable and very easily adjustable.

If I had to find a negative it is that rotation is not geared. Tilt and yaw are of course. You have to loosen the lag bolts and rotate the mount. But on the other hand you can mount it without buying a plate and it leaves the projector very close to the ceiling which is good for me.

For my situation I am 100% happy with it :).

Salem

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just mounted my Epson 8350 PJ with the Peerless PRGUNV and it works like a champ. The mount is built like a tank and is extremely well engineered. The mount provides a lot of flexibility and the precision gears are really nice.

I had an NPL series mount and it does well with a smaller PJ (I mounted my now deceased Mits HD100U with the NPL mount), but it does not do well when using the extension arms needed for mounting larger PJs. One can use an NPL mount on the 8350, but I would not recommend it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
I just mounted my Epson 8350 PJ with the Peerless PRGUNV and it works like a champ. The mount is built like a tank and is extremely well engineered. The mount provides a lot of flexibility and the precision gears are really nice.
Now that is a true precision mount and what I was after..I obviously bought the wrong model number..:gah:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I have a peerless also... Ran me about $140. It has fine adjustments on it. Been very impressed with it. You can pick a model on their website and then find it in amazon for a lot less than their asking price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts