Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best bang for the buck for around 600$?

My room is meduim sized 18x12ft and I will be using it only at night time.

I don't need a lot of inputs, bells and whistles, just need something minimal but with solid picture

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 710HD 720p 3LCD Projector is a really good entry level PJ and has the 3LCD chip technology and for the money it is a really good PJ, prices range from $599 to $649 as $599 is the sale price on it, check out the info on it over at the Epson site here :T

Keep in mind that this PJ is not 3D

Also i didn't see that the site has the price on the right side at the time of typing this and if not allowed i apologize and will remove the link it if not allowed. :gulp:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 710HD 720p 3LCD Projector is a really good entry level PJ and has the 3LCD chip technology and for the money it is a really good PJ, prices range from $599 to $649 as $599 is the sale price on it, check out the info on it over at the Epson site here :T

Keep in mind that this PJ is not 3D

Also i didn't see that the site has the price on the right side at the time of typing this and if not allowed i apologize and will remove the link it if not allowed. :gulp:
Oh that looks exactly what I am looking for. I don't really care about 3d stuff, I think it's gonna die out anyways...:eek:lddude: Loomens 2800 (pretty good I think?)

Thanks

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I was going to suggest looking at the used market... maybe an older JVC RS-1? You might be able to get one for around a grand. Might require some research tho...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to suggest looking at the used market... maybe an older JVC RS-1? You might be able to get one for around a grand. Might require some research tho...
I am skeptic about used projectors... I worn as an A/V tech and there is a lot of maintenace on these things...

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I am skeptic about used projectors... I worn as an A/V tech and there is a lot of maintenace on these things...
??? All I do is clean the filter and change the bulb on my old Epson 1080p.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Yeah... I'm not necessarily advocating it.

TYPEA bought one, cleaned it up, and apparently is thrilled...

I guess by the same token, you could poke around for B-Stock.

I guess I'm always looking for more... for less! :T

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah... I'm not necessarily advocating it.

TYPEA bought one, cleaned it up, and apparently is thrilled...

I guess by the same token, you could poke around for B-Stock.

I guess I'm always looking for more... for less! :T
I am not really affraid of B-stock. it's actually a good way to get a good deal on a good piece...

Still snooping around ebay and slick deals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts