Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

What's a good projector make/model under $2k that does 3D and CIH without the need for an anamorphic lens? I read good reviews on the Epson 3010e and BenQW7000 but wasn't sure if anyone here had first hand experience in using it in the cinemascope or 2.35:1 format

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I have the 3010 and it does have a Zoom aspect ratio setting for CinemaScope content. I haven't checked into it or tested it at ll yet so I'm unsure how the 3010 handles it. I mainly watch 16:9 content so when I watch something 2.35:1, I have the black bars and less resolution.

Have you looked into some of the Mitsubishi models? I know that in the past they did CinemaScope very well - they have a 2.35:1 setting IIRC.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The Panasonic EA7000u also does 2.35:1 and it automatically zooms without any push of buttons. I have the 4000u and its a very nice feature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 3010 and it does have a Zoom aspect ratio setting for CinemaScope content. I haven't checked into it or tested it at ll yet so I'm unsure how the 3010 handles it. I mainly watch 16:9 content so when I watch something 2.35:1, I have the black bars and less resolution.

Have you looked into some of the Mitsubishi models? I know that in the past they did CinemaScope very well - they have a 2.35:1 setting IIRC.
No I haven't looked at Mitsubishi. Do they do 3D?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, typo. the AE7000u
The 4000 does not do 3D however it can still be found new in some places. They both have the same auto zoom feature.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts