Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I didn't know exactly where to post this question but I wanted to make sure some bassheads would see it.

Ever since I built my LLT's I've had a problem with my projector vibrating during loud passages. It's noticable on the screen but I'm worried about what kind of damage this could be doing to internal components and lamp life. Anybody have the same trouble? The projector is sitting on a shelf mounted to the back wall which I'm sure is exagerrating the problem. I've tried putting everything I could think of including acoustic foam under the projector but nothing seems to stop it.

Anybody found any good solutions to isolate your projector from killer bass? Thanks.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I know mine vibrates some, even hanging from the ceiling and with a lock on the lens shift knobs, because I have to adjust it all along. However, this has been the case for several years and I've never experienced any problems with my projector and/or bulb.

You might try some of those pointed cones that are supposed to provide good vibration isolation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same concern. My projector is mounted to two HUGE horizontal structural beams (gussing 6x10 inch each) that pretty much support the entire weight of the house. The beams don't vibrate but I can feel the vibration in the housing of the projector... so I have to assume it is being transmitted acoustically through the air (not through the stucture of the house). No surprise that it is worse at certain resonant frequencies. I'm seriously worried what my dual DIY RL-P18 subs could do to the project on that glorious day they all finished and get powered up for the first time. :eek:

Bradley

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
The Vibration may just be from the normal operation of the projector. But anyway we were using a projector at a concert and the SPL there was in excess of 115Db, mostly staying around 120Db. No problems were encountered

R

·
0 Posts
This site has a really great product that essentially eliminates projector vibration. Vibrating a projector is the equivalent of shaking a camera when taking a photograph = it is deadly to good resolution.

Search "CF-Projektor" to find the site as I can't directly post the site address.

Their basic site has great equipment that will enhance any high end stereo or home theater, and they back it up with good engineering data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts