Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a Optoma HD31UST, my next move is to paint the wall. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and purchased some paint based on my internet searches but couldn’t remember which was the correct type in the store so I bought a choice of two and thought I’d find the information again on the internet when I got home but can’t find it now.

I have a tin of dulux trade diamond satinwood and dulux trade diamond eggshell. Now I’m home I don’t think either is correct and maybe the Matt finish would be better.

I’m in the UK and I’m open to suggestions of other paints as long as they are white.

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here is what you are looking for, with a screen paint to match your requirements:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would anybody use a paint? If you spend the money for projector spend the money for a screen! Much better picture than any paint!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A painted wall will no way compared to a decent screen. There alot lot of inexpensive screens out there for a few hundred dollars that will work way better than a painted wall.I have an older Stuart screen fire hawk and love it and I did not pay even close to that amount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your opinion, picture quality isn’t my no.1 priority, but I would like to have the best painted wall setup that I can achieve for my budget. My wife and I would prefer not to have a screen in our living room if possible.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for your opinion, picture quality isn’t my no.1 priority, but I would like to have the best painted wall setup that I can achieve for my budget. My wife and I would prefer not to have a screen in our living room if possible.
You really can have a painted wall that will rival even the most expensive manufactured screens. But, you want your wall (or screen area) to be flat, with zero texture.
Here is a link to Projector Central, and their experiment with a "$100 Screen".

And a link to my thread on another forum, discussing paint sheen/finish:

Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done...because it can.

·
Registered
278 Posts
And check out this thread, where I put up some cardboard (flat white poster board) on my screen. Took some photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts