Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my PS3 quit playing my sub, I have no clue why? I didn't change any setting, and its not the receiver or the hdmi cable. I tried several other hdmi cables which I use on other equipment that work fine. And when I plug another device in the hdmi slot on the receiver that my PS3 is connected to it works fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Mine has not done that before, but a hard restart has fixed its other quirks before. Google or YouTube should bring good results if you've never done it before. That is strange.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has not done that before, but a hard restart has fixed its other quirks before. Google or YouTube should bring good results if you've never done it before. That is strange.
Thanks, when I get home from work in the a.m. I'll give it a shot and hopefully that works.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
It means its time to buy a PS4 :D Just messing around. You know the system updates sometimes do weird things and change settings...:huh:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I just bought the PS3 again because my fat one broke, I considered getting the 4 instead but my son wanted another PS3 so that's what I got. Apparently that was the problem. I went into safe mode and clicked on restore default settings and the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the PS3 was sending 2 channel audio as it should, the receiver would be able to further process the audio and the sub would work. The problem is, that even though the source is 2 channel, the PS3 is outputting 5.1 channel data - thus requiring me to turn on double bass.

PS: I know some may be wondering why I'd use the PS3 to play Audio CD's - I don't typically, however I do want to use the PS3 to play MP3's. I was just testing with an Audio CD so I could test on other devices such as the Toshiba A2 and Phillips 5 disc CD changer.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
audio is set to be output from all output connectors by default. If you change the audio output settings, audio will be output only from the connectors that were set. ... To output audio from the TV, switch the setting to HDMI, or select Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Multi-Output > On.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts