Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my PS3 quit playing my sub, I have no clue why? I didn't change any setting, and its not the receiver or the hdmi cable. I tried several other hdmi cables which I use on other equipment that work fine. And when I plug another device in the hdmi slot on the receiver that my PS3 is connected to it works fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Mine has not done that before, but a hard restart has fixed its other quirks before. Google or YouTube should bring good results if you've never done it before. That is strange.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has not done that before, but a hard restart has fixed its other quirks before. Google or YouTube should bring good results if you've never done it before. That is strange.
Thanks, when I get home from work in the a.m. I'll give it a shot and hopefully that works.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
It means its time to buy a PS4 :D Just messing around. You know the system updates sometimes do weird things and change settings...:huh:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I just bought the PS3 again because my fat one broke, I considered getting the 4 instead but my son wanted another PS3 so that's what I got. Apparently that was the problem. I went into safe mode and clicked on restore default settings and the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the PS3 was sending 2 channel audio as it should, the receiver would be able to further process the audio and the sub would work. The problem is, that even though the source is 2 channel, the PS3 is outputting 5.1 channel data - thus requiring me to turn on double bass.

PS: I know some may be wondering why I'd use the PS3 to play Audio CD's - I don't typically, however I do want to use the PS3 to play MP3's. I was just testing with an Audio CD so I could test on other devices such as the Toshiba A2 and Phillips 5 disc CD changer.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts