Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nope, no issues with ps4, only having issues with bf4...

They simplifed audio setting on ps4 vs slim ps3... although i had no issues with slim ps3 audio... what are you having issues with game audio or blu's, or both?
Ok well I noticed that while playing Ghost on my Ps3 that it was in 7.1PCM but when I played it on Ps4 it was only 2.0PCM. So I decided to try out some blu's that I know are 7.1(DTS MA Audio/Dolbly TrueHD) and still only getting 2.0PCM. Now I do know that on my Ps3 that when doing audio setup I always had to use manual to add all the supported formats but I don't see that option on my Ps4 and the only way for me to get surround it through optical cable (max 5.1 :foottap:)

Oh and I running via HDMI to my Sony STRDN2010

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know when playing blu's, if you press the option button you can change the audio output to bitstream pcm/dts/dolby, so whichever you prefer... otherwise have no clue why only 2.0 for you?? Guess you can go to settings and verifiy audio out via hdmi, and choice of bitstream you which to go with, try that if you havent yet...
I tried that and the funny thing is that it'll say its playing in 7.1 DTS master hd but thats not what receiver plays. It's just driving me crazy because I can pop the same disc in my Ps3 which is also connected via HDMI and it works just fine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok so I've called Sony looking for help and still have no answers regarding how to get 7.1 surround sound to work. I'm thinking maybe my receiver may be too old. So if it's not a bother, can any of you running a 7.1 setup just tell me what receiver you're using.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Need more info,

How is your PS4 connected to the receiver? How do you know that you aren't getting 7.1? Do you have the PS4 audio configured for PCM via HDMI?
Ps4 connected to receiver w hdmi. Audio settings on ps4 primary output port= hdmi. Audio format priority= linear pcm. My receiver tells me what format is currently being sent. If it's pcm the speaker icons are lit up for the corresponding channels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah that sounds correct. Is there a setting in your receiver that isn't selected? I currently don't have a 7.1 setup, but my receiver is receiving 7.1 from the PS4.
Not that I'm aware of I just switched the hdmi cable from my ps3 and put it in my ps4. Without changing any settings I get 7.1 when I switch back to my ps3. What receiver are you using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.