Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi guys, quick question.

every time I see the PS4 picture, the console is standing up (vertical) .. Do you have to keep it that way?

Or, can it be put flat? Meaning horizontal on the table? Which is the preferred position?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Great. I was concerned since if the console had to be standing (vertical) I would need more space to allocate for it. :)

By having it lay flat (horizontal), the spacing is much easier to accommodate. :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I got the same mail for the "buy 2 get 1 free" but it says the promotion starts 11/12.. Can you order early? Would the promo work?

lot of games in the list.

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Please note: Call of Duty: Ghosts and Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs are sold separately at the full price.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues?

I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces.. :sn:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Looks like Sony sold over a million units within a 24 hour span from the release date of last Friday midnight.

However, some units while in the minority are having issues..

Sony posted a trouble shooting guide for the blinking blue light as well as for no video or audio output, or consoles powering off with no prompting.

Not sure of the resolution for the broken HDMI cables or error messages upon attempting to download games or problems with ejecting discs..

Guess further patches/fixes will be arriving shortly.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Question.

My tv is at one end of the room while the AV equipment (receiver, dvd payer, etc.) are on the other end. For the PS4, do I need to hook it up to the tv or can it be hooked up to the receiver?

What is the best way to hook it up in this type of scenario?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hook the PS4 into the receiver. I hook all of my sources into the Onkyo and then just one HDMI from the receiver to the tv. The receiver is the brain of the system.
Thanks guys. So, if the hdmi goes to the receiver, how does the tv know which input to go to see the ps4?

or is there one cable that I need to buy that goes from the receiver to the tv for the video input?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Great thanks once again. Since the receiver has multiple HDMI inputs, I can just hook up any component such as PS4 or another DVD player or something else and that would be sufficient to that receiver and with that one long cable that I have going from the receiver to the tv, the tv will get the signal. :)

I am good now. thanks.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I was at Walmart today and while there, I just went to the electronics section and asked the guy there if any Play Station 4's were available. He told me they just got a bunch in last night and they have it.

So, I am now an owner of a PS4. :)

Went and got an extra controller as well. Dual Shock 4..

Does any games come with the unit? I assume no??

I didn't get a bundle pack.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
No games are included but if you purchase PlayStation Plus membership they offer some free games with the subscription. Of those free games I highly recommend Resogun. Quite fun and addicting.
Good to know. I will have my new tv and receiver delivered/installed on Friday so will hook up the PS4 to the new reciever which will have an hdmi connected to the tv.

If you hook up the PS4 to the receiver, it can go to any hdmi input, right?

Since unit is not going directly to the tv, don't have to worry about game input or hdmi input, right?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Great. Good to know. My new receiver is NAD T-777. I also got the oppo 103.

So, Friday will be exciting day for me. New TV, new speakers, new receiver, new blu ray player, new PS4 .:)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds like someone's getting lots of toys for Christmas. Enjoy.
Yeah, considering my last hdtv upgrade was back in 2000!

yes, long overdue for an upgrade.

This time went all out and upgraded everything but the kitchen sink.

lol..

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.