Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nope! Your the only one! Lol, I think we're all excited. Your just the vocal one out the bunch. Lol
It's like trying to high five or fist bump but there's nobody else around. It is a forum for discussion. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm really intrigued out the "extinction" mode for COD Ghosts is compared to the Zombies mode of black ops I and II... (which I play with a buddy religiously)
I've read mixed reviews on the PS4 version. It seems people either love it or hate it. I'm very intrigued by some of the different play modes.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just got an email from Amazon for a free PS4 game for multiple games ordered. Entered the provided code and Assassins Creed IV is free of charge! $59.99 and not a penny spent from my account. Thank you Amazon! I feel like a kid at Christmas.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I got the same mail for the "buy 2 get 1 free" but it says the promotion starts 11/12.. Can you order early? Would the promo work?

lot of games in the list.

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Please note: Call of Duty: Ghosts and Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs are sold separately at the full price.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I believe this is Amazons counter to Target offering a buy 2 get 1 free. If you had games on preorder before a certain date you qualify now. Everyone else will get the offer I believe on the 12th. Regardless Amazon continues to excel with customer service. I love doing business with Amazon.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't forget today at Target they're offering buy 2 get 1 free. Just picked up Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, and FIFA. I've never been into or played soccer games but I'm running out of titles. I'm done for awhile. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Question about this VS the PS3. I just recently had my Fat one die and was thinking about getting it fixed (knowing it'll eventually fail again) or getting a PS4. WRT the games I have both downloaded and have the physical media for along with their progress, will all be lost or is the Playstation Network similar to smart devices (iTunes, etc) where it keeps your progress and purchases in the cloud in case the device dies or you have to get a new one? We loved the PS3 but don't want to lose progress as well as downloaded games.

Thanks!

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You won't be able to play your PS3 titles on the new PS4 so yes you would be starting over. As far as getting your original PS3 fixed I would think you'll be able to find some pretty good deals on used PS3's and that might be the cheaper route to take. Many people making the upgrade will be unloading PS3's and all of their games.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's what I thought, lame. So for downloaded content/games/progress on my current PS3, if I bought a newer one (Slim ones are the good ones right?) I could re-download my games and progress when I log into the Playstation Network?

I don't mean to derail the thread, I can start a new one if necessary.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I know all of your trophy info is stored on the PSN but not sure about the game saves progress? If not you should be able to transfer the info from the original PS3 HDD to the new PS3 HDD. As far as which version of the PS3 is best I think the newer ones are smaller, quieter, and run cooler.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues?

I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Who was lucky enough to get the Play Station 4 today? Any issues? I read some news that some hdmi ports were not working properly but that was on some units sent to some review sites.. Not sure if that was seen for the general public thou.
Mine is on a UPS truck and scheduled for delivery by 8pm. From what I've read they're having serious network problems and many people aren't able to play multiplayer with the FPS titles. I hope they get it figured out soon because I'm feeling sick and not sure I'll be making it into work tonight! :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces.. :sn:

·
Registered
652 Posts
My ps3 Hdmi port busted last night. Two pins on the port snapped off!!!! Ugh!!! Might have to do with the really stiff cables from monoprice I was using. I had a ps4 preordered on amazon but then cancelled it cause I didn't see the need for one just yet. Hmmmm coincidence? now that my ps3 isn't going to be able to play via HDMI (no 1080p or 3D blu ray) I may have to get a PS4........funny how ps3 breaks right when ps4 comes out!!!! I might be looking at an OPPO instead though. I don't play a lot of games and now my kids can have the ps3 in there game room to play and watch blu ray via AV multi out ( albeit at 720p/1080i) shouldn't matter at all since their tv is only 42"

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought.

Scott

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have an Oppo 93 and its a great Blu-Ray player, plus a very good CD player and Vudu and Pandora. The PS3 is faster though for sure. I don't game either but I really like using the remote on the PS3 better than the remote for my Oppo (I used the gaming remote not the Blu-Ray remote for the PS3). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the PS4 would be a better media center I'd think than an Oppo. Just a thought. Scott
very true!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
lol. I think you are coming down with play station blues.. Apparently it is very contagious and you should stay home for a few days with complete isolation.. No distraction from outside forces.. :sn:
A few days sounds good but that wouldn't pay the bills. It's a 24 hour bug. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Have yet been able to sign into the PlayStation Network. Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 give me error codes when I try to load them. Not sure if it's my PS4 or the network? The games not loading properly are concerning as I know others are also having trouble logging onto PSN. A bit frustrated.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts