Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Have yet been able to sign into the PlayStation Network. Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 give me error codes when I try to load them. Not sure if it's my PS4 or the network? The games not loading properly are concerning as I know others are also having trouble logging onto PSN. A bit frustrated.
Yikes maybe it's a system overload... But that stinks you spend X amount of money and can't even play.. I got the approval from the wife but I'm going to wait a little longer

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yikes maybe it's a system overload... But that stinks you spend X amount of money and can't even play.. I got the approval from the wife but I'm going to wait a little longer
Other than the two that won't load I can play single player and campaigns just not the online multiplayer. I like playing online the most so that's the reason for my frustration. It seems some are able to while others can't. I don't understand it but I almost wish I had waited. I like my toys to work.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Other than the two that won't load I can play single player and campaigns just not the online multiplayer. I like playing online the most so that's the reason for my frustration. It seems some are able to while others can't. I don't understand it but I almost wish I had waited. I like my toys to work.
I'm the same way I enjoy the multiplayer.. Does the ps4 support nfl Sunday package

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm the same way I enjoy the multiplayer.. Does the ps4 support nfl Sunday package
No I don't believe so. I now have my system up and running as it should be. Able to log on to PSN and all games now loading properly. I had to force the PS4 into safe mode and reboot. Not sure why but all is good now. Very impressive after the heartache.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes, it's no longer free but Microsoft players have been paying for years. I just got a promo from Amazon for a free years subscription to PS +. I love Amazon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven't had much time with mine yet, so still not sure. I am liking what I'm seeing so far though.

This past Fri. was exciting.........
My Amazon PS4 was DOA, wouldn't output a signal. I had a funeral, put it back in the box, printed out the return label and ran over to Costco. I got lucky and picked up one of their last PS4s. I'll have more time later this week to test out the blu-ray playback.(no 3D playback yet, but I'll test good 'ol 2D):cool:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I haven't had much time with mine yet, so still not sure. I am liking what I'm seeing so far though. This past Fri. was exciting......... My Amazon PS4 was DOA, wouldn't output a signal. I had a funeral, put it back in the box, printed out the return label and ran over to Costco. I got lucky and picked up one of their last PS4s. I'll have more time later this week to test out the blu-ray playback.(no 3D playback yet, but I'll test good 'ol 2D):cool:
Yeah seems as though there have been some launch day blues. I wasn't able to log onto the PSN for the first 36 hours or so. That was pretty frustrating to say the least. I had to put mine into safe mode and then re-initialize as well as re-install the firmware update. After that it's been smooth sailing and really loving it. It does great with Blu -ray playback and load times seem faster than the PS3. Did you try switching out HDMI cables because I know that seems to have cured some others problem with the same problem you had. Others also found bent prongs as being a culprit but sounds like you've moved on already.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
There have been some Launch day issues with the PS4 ranging from firmware instability to HDMI port failure. From what I have read so far is the most common issue has been the firmware 1.50 issue while HDMI failure is rare, it was reported that PS4 is some how placing a burden on PSN not sure how true this is.

I got mine on Fri. and have to send it back due to the "rare" HDMI issue.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I know I'll be purchasing the extended warranty on mine. I was a little worried about mine that first day.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey guys; So if you are an owner of a PS4, do you have to have online membership to even play the games for the PS4 that don't want to be played online?

on my ps3 I don't play online but still can play the games. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Hey guys; So if you are an owner of a PS4, do you have to have online membership to even play the games for the PS4 that don't want to be played online?

on my ps3 I don't play online but still can play the games. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,
Only for online play. U don't need the pan membership for single player

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah seems as though there have been some launch day blues. I wasn't able to log onto the PSN for the first 36 hours or so. That was pretty frustrating to say the least. I had to put mine into safe mode and then re-initialize as well as re-install the firmware update. After that it's been smooth sailing and really loving it. It does great with Blu -ray playback and load times seem faster than the PS3. Did you try switching out HDMI cables because I know that seems to have cured some others problem with the same problem you had. Others also found bent prongs as being a culprit but sounds like you've moved on already.
Yeah, I have plenty of cables to test with. ( I'm an ISF calibrator, so I have a few extras.)
Also my HDMI port was fine, just wasn't sending a signal. As you said, I have moved on and everything seems to be running fine so far....knock on wood.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Looks like Sony sold over a million units within a 24 hour span from the release date of last Friday midnight.

However, some units while in the minority are having issues..

Sony posted a trouble shooting guide for the blinking blue light as well as for no video or audio output, or consoles powering off with no prompting.

Not sure of the resolution for the broken HDMI cables or error messages upon attempting to download games or problems with ejecting discs..

Guess further patches/fixes will be arriving shortly.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So just a follow up on my impressions of the PS4 after a few quality days with it. It seems as though the network is now stabilizing and I've had no more problems with online play. COD Ghosts, Madden 25 are so much sharper looking versus the PS3 versions. NBA 2K14, Killzone, and Assassins Creed are literally breathtaking in the graphics department. I liken it to the switch from DVD to Blu-ray. On the subject of Blu-ray the PS4 is markedly faster with load times with movies. Overall I'm impressed and happy to be an early adopter.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
So just a follow up on my impressions of the PS4 after a few quality days with it. It seems as though the network is now stabilizing and I've had no more problems with online play. COD Ghosts, Madden 25 are so much sharper looking versus the PS3 versions. NBA 2K14, Killzone, and Assassins Creed are literally breathtaking in the graphics department. I liken it to the switch from DVD to Blu-ray. On the subject of Blu-ray the PS4 is markedly faster with load times with movies. Overall I'm impressed and happy to be an early adopter.

sounds good Jbrax! if I hadn't poured so much money into my speakers and subs a few months ago I would already have those in my hands... guess I'll wait till the new year when more stock comes in.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
sounds good Jbrax! if I hadn't poured so much money into my speakers and subs a few months ago I would already have those in my hands... guess I'll wait till the new year when more stock comes in.
I completely understand. Might not be a bad thing while they work out the kinks and add much needed features (that the PS3 has) through firmware updates. As is it's still an impressive piece of hardware.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts