Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Need more info,

How is your PS4 connected to the receiver? How do you know that you aren't getting 7.1? Do you have the PS4 audio configured for PCM via HDMI?
Ps4 connected to receiver w hdmi. Audio settings on ps4 primary output port= hdmi. Audio format priority= linear pcm. My receiver tells me what format is currently being sent. If it's pcm the speaker icons are lit up for the corresponding channels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah that sounds correct. Is there a setting in your receiver that isn't selected? I currently don't have a 7.1 setup, but my receiver is receiving 7.1 from the PS4.
Not that I'm aware of I just switched the hdmi cable from my ps3 and put it in my ps4. Without changing any settings I get 7.1 when I switch back to my ps3. What receiver are you using?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I was at Walmart today and while there, I just went to the electronics section and asked the guy there if any Play Station 4's were available. He told me they just got a bunch in last night and they have it.

So, I am now an owner of a PS4. :)

Went and got an extra controller as well. Dual Shock 4..

Does any games come with the unit? I assume no??

I didn't get a bundle pack.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
No games are included but if you purchase PlayStation Plus membership they offer some free games with the subscription. Of those free games I highly recommend Resogun. Quite fun and addicting.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
No games are included but if you purchase PlayStation Plus membership they offer some free games with the subscription. Of those free games I highly recommend Resogun. Quite fun and addicting.
Good to know. I will have my new tv and receiver delivered/installed on Friday so will hook up the PS4 to the new reciever which will have an hdmi connected to the tv.

If you hook up the PS4 to the receiver, it can go to any hdmi input, right?

Since unit is not going directly to the tv, don't have to worry about game input or hdmi input, right?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Just connect all components into the receiver such as cable box, PS4, etc…and run one HDMI from the receiver to the tv. Most receivers will allow you to name each HDMI input so it's pretty easy. The receiver will then act as a switcher based upon which HDMI input is selected.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Great. Good to know. My new receiver is NAD T-777. I also got the oppo 103.

So, Friday will be exciting day for me. New TV, new speakers, new receiver, new blu ray player, new PS4 .:)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Congrats on your new toy.. I also went to walmart yesterday and bypassed the electronics and bought my son a little tikes basketball hoop.. But I would have loved a new ps4 :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds like someone's getting lots of toys for Christmas. Enjoy.
Yeah, considering my last hdtv upgrade was back in 2000!

yes, long overdue for an upgrade.

This time went all out and upgraded everything but the kitchen sink.

lol..

:)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts