Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance of picking up a pair of Century 300i speakers for $80 to replace some Technics speakers in a 2ndary system that sees occasional use only. I have a Subsonic 5 which supplies the bottom end. I'm looking for more cohesive match between sub and bookshelves. Is that a fair price?

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
I have a chance of picking up a pair of Century 300i speakers for $80 to replace some Technics speakers in a 2ndary system that sees occasional use only. I have a Subsonic 5 which supplies the bottom end. I'm looking for more cohesive match between sub and bookshelves. Is that a fair price?
For $80, I think it is worth a shot. If they don't work out, you could probably get something for them or give them as a gift.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Being from PSB, I would think they would be worth it. In the grand scheme of audio... 80 bucks ain't a lot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have never listened to the 300i, but I have the 400i ($80 on Craigslist about 3 years ago), and am very fond of them. In particular, their off-vertical-axis performance (as I have them above my head in my computer room).

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never listened to the 300i, but I have the 400i ($80 on Craigslist about 3 years ago), and am very fond of them. In particular, their off-vertical-axis performance (as I have them above my head in my computer room).
Thanks Jerry. I know one cannot really go wrong with PSB but I was just curious to see if $80 was a fair price. The seller indicated that the foam surround is still subtle so I can from that standpoint, they were looked after.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jerry. I know one cannot really go wrong with PSB but I was just curious to see if $80 was a fair price. The seller indicated that the foam surround is still subtle so I can from that standpoint, they were looked after.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I mentioned to one of my buddies that I was planning on buying a pair of 300i and he mentioned that had an original PSB Alphas that he wanted to get rid off. So I traded him a Blackberry Torch for the Alphas.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the pics of my new "old" alphas in my secondary system.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts