1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSB M4U-2 Headphones

No code has to be inserted here.

Wayne's Impressions

The PSB M4U-2's are comfortable sealed headphones with a modest scoop in the upper-mid frequencies, crisp highs, and a wide soundstage. Listening to Diana Krall, the bass was deep and full, a bit emphasized but not annoyingly so. Diana's vocals sounded very nice on the M4U-2's. Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now, recorded with orchestral background, played with lots of nice detail.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wayne, if you have any experience with some of the other mainstream headphone options, how would you compare the PSBs? I'm not much of a headphone guy, and I just tend to think of either Sennheiser or Grado when the subject comes up. I know that it can be a sensitive topic, and people can be very protective of their choice of cans.

I do know that its a totally different listening experience, and sometimes I think it would be nice to kick back in a comfy chair with a nice pair of phones on and just zone right out.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have really enjoyed the PSB speakers when I have heard them. Thinking about upgrading my Sony MDR headphones that I have and wonder how much of an upgrade these would be. They might be good for me since I do listen a good amount at night to movie's and the extra bass for action movies might be nice.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The headphones do look pretty cool. I am partial to open, around the ear designs however. I wouldn't mind giving these a listen though.

I guess one of the reasons why these are a closed design is because they feature active noise cancelling, which wouldn't work with open headphones :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've listened to most of the PSB line of speakers - they're a pretty good value, in my opinion, but I've never listened to the headphones. You noted that these had similar sound performance to Sennheiser's in the same price range, which is nice, but how about the performance of the active noise cancelling? Did you listen with it on and off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts