1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Have you previously or do you currently own any PSB speakers? When I was just getting into the hobby years ago, the first speakers I auditioned were PSB (Alpha I think?). I may even still have the brochure somewhere. I just got a little sad though because I can't remember what song they played for me. I was amazed by their sound as I had not yet been exposed to high quality compact speakers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you previously or do you currently own any PSB speakers? When I was just getting into the hobby years ago, the first speakers I auditioned were PSB (Alpha I think?). I may even still have the brochure somewhere. I just got a little sad though because I can't remember what song they played for me. I was amazed by their sound as I had not yet been exposed to high quality compact speakers.
Look at my equipment list.. nothing but PSB with the exception of my new sub, Rythmik LV12-R which is awesome sub. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
When I was just getting into the hobby years ago, the first speakers I auditioned were PSB (Alpha I think?). I may even still have the brochure somewhere. I just got a little sad though because I can't remember what song they played for me. I was amazed by their sound as I had not yet been exposed to high quality compact speakers.
The original Alphas were highly-regarded by serious and casual listener alike. Not sure how the modern incarnation stacks up, but a quick Google search turns up accolades galore! I own a pair of Image B5's--a step down from the Imagine series--but excellent performers in their own right. Haven't done any serious auditioning in a mains or stereo configuration, so I can't vouch for their performance in that regard. But I can say they fill surround channel duties without a hitch (except for slight upper-frequency harshness/glare when pushed hard). I'll even venture to say they blend almost seamlessly with my B&W CM-9 mains.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a copy of the owners manual or specifications for the orginal PSB Alpha Mites? I'm searching the internet and coming up empty handed.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More news on PSB's Atmos speakers;

from http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/CES2016:5BestAVItemsFromDayThree.html

5. PSB Dolby Enabled Speakers

Touted by Dolby as the most accurate Dolby-enabled Speaker Module on the market, PSB is selling these speakers for around $600 a pair. Mount them on top of any speakers, (or alternatively wall-mount them with the included mount) and voila! You have yourself a Dolby Atmos speaker set up without the need of cutting holes in your ceiling or fishing wires through the rafters. According to Dolby, these speakers are the only speaker modules on the market that match the closest to both the Dolby Atmos-enabled frequency curve and dispersion angle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a big PSB fan. A good friend of mine has the PSB 4Ts and those things are phenomenal for the price. Solid bass and the highs are polite. I always loved the Stratus series. The Gold i's were always a dream of mine for years and the silver/bronze were nice too. The GB1 bookshelf speakers are pretty awesome.

Now I'm not too enthused they decided to drop the synchrony series and replace it with those god awful Imagine speakers. Granted I have never heard the Imagine so I cannot comment on the sound quality but they look cheap to me.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am a big PSB fan. A good friend of mine has the PSB 4Ts and those things are phenomenal for the price. Solid bass and the highs are polite. I always loved the Stratus series. The Gold i's were always a dream of mine for years and the silver/bronze were nice too. The GB1 bookshelf speakers are pretty awesome.

Now I'm not too enthused they decided to drop the synchrony series and replace it with those god awful Imagine speakers. Granted I have never heard the Imagine so I cannot comment on the sound quality but they look cheap to me.
If I had the cash, I would jump at the T3s. They've been receiving stellar reviews from everyone that has heard them. I also like the T2s as well having hear them in person. Just my take. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I had the cash, I would jump at the T3s. They've been receiving stellar reviews from everyone that has heard them. I also like the T2s as well having hear them in person. Just my take. :)
Understood. I may hear the T3's tone day and have to eat crow but for some reason they give me the perception of being less flagship-ish in appearance.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
More news on PSB's Atmos speakers;

from http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/CES2016:5BestAVItemsFromDayThree.html

5. PSB Dolby Enabled Speakers

Touted by Dolby as the most accurate Dolby-enabled Speaker Module on the market, PSB is selling these speakers for around $600 a pair. Mount them on top of any speakers, (or alternatively wall-mount them with the included mount) and voila! You have yourself a Dolby Atmos speaker set up without the need of cutting holes in your ceiling or fishing wires through the rafters. According to Dolby, these speakers are the only speaker modules on the market that match the closest to both the Dolby Atmos-enabled frequency curve and dispersion angle.
Has anyone here started using these Dolby-Enables PSB Speaker Modules? A report would be appreciated!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts