Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSN Access Could Resume By Next Tuesday, But Only If “Secure”
04/27/2011 Written by Anthony Severino

The PlayStation Network has been down for an entire week now due to the massive security breach and Sony has now begun answering some of consumer’s burning questions: like exactly what info has been affected, what users can do to protect themselves, and when will the PlayStation Network return to action.

In a freshly posted Q&A that addresses most of user’s significant concerns, Sony revealed when we could see the PlayStation Network resume service. Patrick Seybold, Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Social Media for SCEA, said that Sony employees are “working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible” and the PlayStation Network could be back up “within week from yesterday”. However, Seybold says that they’ll do so only if they’re “confident that the network is secure”.

Source: PSLS

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Well I am sure MS are smirkin and gloating about their closed system. Its a shame hackers keep messing with the platform Sony allowed its users. I can imagine people being annoyed but I think they should give Sony a break for a few reasons. First, PSN is free, so its not costing anyone anything. Second, its the hackers fault not anyone else's. Third, the closure is a security protocol protecting the moaners.

I am a little surprised how long its been down, but fingers crossed its back online ASAP.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am sure MS are smirkin and gloating about their closed system. Its a shame hackers keep messing with the platform Sony allowed its users. I can imagine people being annoyed but I think they should give Sony a break for a few reasons. First, PSN is free, so its not costing anyone anything. Second, its the hackers fault not anyone else's. Third, the closure is a security protocol protecting the moaners.

I am a little surprised how long its been down, but fingers crossed its back online ASAP.

I tend to agree with your points Dan but for those of us that are PS+ members it's a real pain since we are paying for that service. I do agree that most of the blame should be directed at the hackers and not Sony.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Yeah that would annoy me too. You should e-mail Sony and try get some remuneration to cover the time you have been without service. No doubt Sony would give this in the form of some find free download, but it would be something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts