Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to tackle what seems to be a convergence issue with my tv. Is there a chip(2) and resistor package that anyone knows about like toshiba has? Or are there any toshiba packages that are compatable? Looking for the stk 394-160's. I am also looking for the download of a service manual (not owners manual) for my particular model for reference. If anyone can help please do.
Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would suggest that you use the chips that are in the set rather than the STK394-160. Several techs have reported problems with that substitution in some of the panasonic sets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. I was going to order the 394-160's based on your convergence thread. Which leads me to the more important question...... How do I access the service manual for my set? I will need to get my hands on this in order to get some specifics before rolling up the sleeves and cracking this puppy open. Again, any help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You don't really need a service manual for convergence repair unless you need adjustment in service mode. But you can start without service manual.

You can take the back cover off and check what chips are in your TV. I worked on a panasonic before and it uses two STK392-110s. STK392-150 should be a safe bet for direct substitute.

As to the six low ohm resistors, you can found them around the STK chips and read the values by color bands on the resistor, unless the resistor is fried too much that it's brown and discolored. But chance is there that these six resistors are of the same resistance like 2.2ohm(color bands: red red gold).

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I have never seen a set that did not need convergence at the service level. It is unlikely that anyone will be able to sort out the service mode in a panasonic without the manual. Some may be willing to live with the minor, sometimes major, convergence errors that will be present, but I strongly suggest that anyone repairing their own set understand how to properly adjust it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Master lcaillo, I meant begin with no service manual while looking for it if needed later, :)

Someone posted a link to a service manual here in fixya and it's still available now. It's a different model but the adjustment part could be the same.
http://webgraphx.com/panny/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts