Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi lcaillo,

This TV is showing signs similar to convergence problem but not really. Because in convergence adjustment mode where a cross sits in the middle, I saw both horizontal tilt and vertical tilt on green. My friend told me this happened all of a sudden(TV has been sitting there for ever so can't be loose yoke). Apparently this is not STK chip issue as I don't see dip at the middle on the top or sth.

Have you seen this before and is there a trick(service mode) to adjust it back? Pointer to this kind of information is appreciated(need to save face from my friend lol). How to enter service mode? Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If it has changed significantly there is a reason. You need to get a service manual to try to do adjustments on a Panasonic. The service mode is not at all intuitive and the liklihood of figuring it out with a few words of advice is very low. Chances are it will not adjust out and will need some repair.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is about 1 to 1.5 inch(don't remember exactly) tilt significant? I guess so :jiggy:

BTW I found a free service manual for PT-53WX53. Do you know if the skew adjustment in service mode the same as PT-53WX42F?

I'll give it a try to adjust. I agree there should be an issue causing this. BTW I only need to know how to enter service mode. Can you help master lcaillo, :)

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The service manual should detail how to enter the service mode. I do not recall how similar the sets are, but many sets of the same brand are quite similar. I would try it and see if the procedure works for your set.

That much error probably indicates a problem. I would be surprised if you can adjust it out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. I'll try it and keep you posted.

An interesting variance to the convergence topic, isn't it? :dunno:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got some time at weekend after two months, to put my hands on this TV again. Spent 3 hours in service mode and I was able to adjusted it back. Now the convergence/geometry is near perfect.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Great! Glad you had success with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you lcaillo.

I like the service mode feature of pressing "1" to cycle through all color combinations. So that I could adjust green, then green+red to make a yellow grid, and then plus blue to make the white grid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad it is working for you. Is the service menu hard to use? Where did you find a free copy? I have no luck yet to find one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts