Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lcaillo,

Great site. Best information I have seen so far. I have a Panasonic PT-53wx54j with an AP 825 chassis. It currently has the STK392-110 IC's in it. I have read your post and want to get one of the kits, but I am not sure which of the Hitachi kits is best suited for my model as I have not been able to find a kit for the Panny. Which of the kits would you recommend or would any of those part number kits work?

Thanks,

Roland

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I use them all the time in Panasonics with no problem.

Any of the kits will work because they use the same chips and the resistors are different in your set. If you need resistors, chances are you will have to get them seperately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a friend that wants to sell me a PT53WX54J and I am while researching I came across this post regarding a "kit". What is the Kit?

Ron

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
"This post," meaning what? There are no kits from Panasonic. Some vendors have kits for some sets, but I am not aware of what you are talking about. The Hitachi kits are a good way to get quality STK394-160 ICs at the best price. Those are discussed in the parts post in the Convergence Repair thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received the parts and am working on pulling out the board. I have labeled all my connectors and removed them, but was just wondering if there was a "trick" to removing the high voltage connector?

Roland

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The best "trick" is DON'T. There is no need to remove those connectors. You can get to the bottom of the board in most Panasonics easily by pulling the "light box" by removing a few screws and just a couple of connectors.

If you must, they usually come out by twisting with a push, then pull. If they don't come out freely, don't try to force them or you will end up with a bigger problem than convergence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts