Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any cure for a gentle wave in a pull down screen? I was thinking maybe some heat from a hair dryer would shrink it perhaps? Its a cheap (obviously) 92in pull down and the wave shows in some shots and can get annoying. I have a spare 84in screen that is a bit heavier material and might just hang it back up if I cant cure this PIA problem. Any ideas would be great............thanks
PS wave is vertical not horizontal, the screen has this lock bar assembly where my smaller screen had a locking pull down action stop........maybe that lock bar idea was a bad idea but to be honest I didnt know it was gonna come like that when I ordered it................thanks again

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Waves are usually because the screen is not attached to the roller straight.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Hi Chad,

I don't know of any way to cure the wave in your screen, but I'm fairly sure heating it would not do it. Many of the inexpensive pull-down screens are simply sheets of vinyl plastic and heating vinyl just makes it more pliable and thus it would stretch more and worsen the wave rather than make it better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, guess I will put my smaller but better built screen back up..........its only 10in smaller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts