Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beside myself with grief as the scheduled hour approaches to euthanize a cherished pet. I wish I could muster the words needed to participate in the new topics I see in the forums, but am fixated on this tear-jerking event. I even feel selfish for posting this considering all the human suffering in the world. Please understand if my participation declines for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Don't feel selfish, our pets are not just pets they are part of our families and we love them the same. All of us who have been privileged to have a pet share your sorrow and know this is a truly sad time. I will say a prayer for you and rest assured you are doing the right thing for your loved one. God Bless.....TC.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Bless you brother for having feelings about a member of your family. I will think of you during this time of grief.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Prayers for you Lumen, pets are definalty part of the family. It is a difficult thing to go through, thanks for thinking enough of us to help you through it.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That really stinks. Putting down a pet is among the hardest things I've ever done. I'm sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hey Lumen, haven't heard from you in a bit, how you doing? Just thinking about you. Hoping you had a great Holiday!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for asking , Tonto! And your good wishes help more than you know. I was with family and have much to be thankful for. Hope your holiday was relaxing and enjoyable.

I'm still a bit shaken from Molly's ordeal. The vet says she didn't suffer, but she did not go easily. Turns out it's not uncommon for some dogs to have a reaction to the 1st stage muscle relaxer. I don't know what the options are, but next time I'll definitely ask more questions. I'm sharing this in hopes it might help other pet owners avoid extra emotional trauma in an already sensitive time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts