Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the TS parameters are for the FI Q18s with the BP upgrade and if it differs to the ones on the website.

cheers

Graham

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Did Fi reply to the PM Mike? I take it Fi dont send a set of TS parameters out with their drivers then?

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Yeah I'm aware of that. I asked because I know AE sends a set of actual TS parameters out with every driver.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh but Dan, ain't yours just off the shelf subs. Its easy to give out TS parameters on subs which are not tweaked. I guess it makes things a little trickier when you change things although I guess they still should know.

cheers

Graham

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I believe AE tests each driver after it's built, and measure its actual parameters then. They simply include these for you when they dispatch them. The published figures are approximate, but each driver is off slightly and unique.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,

What I was saying is that the drivers are built the same way. Specifications will differ slightly hence they will always specify one. Your drivers were built the same way as the next person down the street where as mine have be created with different specifications to the standard drivers. Whilst I understand this makes things a little trickier they should still have the revised TS Parameters available.

cheers

Graham

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I know that Graham, my point is that AE get the specific TS parameters of each and every driver they produce, and supply the buyer with these. Construction tolerances obviously mean each driver will differ from the published guideline parameters, but this isn't considered till the driver are ready to be dispatched.

With your drivers, I would have thought they'd have been measuring them as they went and would have had to measure them when finished to check their tweaks are correct, hence they should IMO have the parameters, more so than usual. I would have thought they would have given you these, even if they don't supply them as usual, given your drivers particular uniqueness.

Either way, I'm sure they do have them knocking about.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan,

I defo agree with you mate. I do find it a bit strange that they are not given to my as they must know what they are. I have posted a thread on here for Scott at FI and emailed him but still no reply.

Come on Scott where are you and where are my TS Parameters. £700 on two drivers, I would have thought the reply would have been a bit quicker. :huh:

cheers

Graham

1 - 10 of 10 Posts