Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any members enjoy sports talk radio or music while showering I have found the perfect shower radio. I have gone through countless shower radios and have yet to find a good one until now. Here in KC we have 2 major AM stations for sports talk radio yet only one seems to come in on the countless cheap radios I've purchased. It's always a pain trying to turn the dial to get it tuned in just right only to move your hand away and be greeted again by fuzz. The wife also would complain that the FM stations were a pain to switch to and didn't sound good when they did come in. The radio I found is a Sangean H201 and while fairly pricey for a shower radio worth EVERY penny in my mind. It's digital so no dial to turn and also has presets so it's a snap for the both of us to select our listening pleasures. The radio sounds excellent and is built like a tank (waterproof and actually floats). If anyone else can relate with all of the above just drop the cash for this thing and be done with the hassle.:T

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think interest is high on this item but it improved my quality of life. I know it's just a shower radio but sometimes the little things make a difference. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was a time not too long ago when I would have snapped up one of these babies as I too enjoy listening to sports talk and news during my morning ritual. But nowadays I've come to rely on my 'ole trusty iphone 5 and the TuneIn Radio app so I'm able to enjoy listening to stations from all over the country and the world. This of course requires one to have wifi access.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great app and I also use it often. It just wouldn't work for me while showering due to the inadequate speaker volume of the iPhone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts