Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have to say I was a bit skeptical about building a tht because I had never seen or heard one before.

Tonight was amazing. From the moment the sub fired up it was just unreal. The bass is so immense and clean. I have been dying for that punch in the chest feeling and I got it for sure.

If anyone is in the market for a diy sub and have the room for one of these monsters I highly recommend it.

My friends stopped down and we watched some transformers. It was crazy how low this sub got. I thought the house was going to collapse.

Since I have another dayton DVC and almost enough wood and PL I will be building a second one in about 3 weeks. I will post a few more pics of this next build, an will be finishing both of them at the same time.

I am so excited this worked out so well. This is hands down the best investment I have made in a long time :T

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
2nd THT has been up and running for a while now. While the bass is immense and makes some people ill I still crave more. There is a chance in the near future a 3rd will be built. I will post some pics tomorrow of the 2 stacked on each other :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If you want more you can V plate them and fire them into a corner:T
What does V plate mean? And they are fired directly into the corner.

I just recently got to talking with a co-worker about his home theater and told him about my bass addiction. I explained my build and he laughed and said he had 2 12" velodyne subs that just shatter his home and did not see how a home built sub could be any good compared to anything velodyne makes. I went over there to help him with a PC issue and got to hear his subs, I left with a big smile. About a week later he stopped over here so he could hear mine, he is now talking to me about building him 1 THT this spring to replace his velos :)

After the holidays my father will have his barn heated again and I will be getting the finishing touches on these bad boys.

Here is a pic I have of them stacked.

I will have updates eventually, been busy getting the room finished. Next week is a 4 day weekend, I have a ton of painting to do.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
With the mouths on inside corner, on there sides, facing each other at 90 degrees, with a triangular piece of wood mounted on top of the mouths. But it is not very practical in a house. This is used in the pro industry...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
With the mouths on inside corner, on there sides, facing each other at 90 degrees, with a triangular piece of wood mounted on top of the mouths. But it is not very practical in a house. This is used in the pro industry...
Do you happen to have some type of diagram so I can try this out. If I can gain a little output from this then I am all over it :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So I set them up in the corner like it was suggested. As far as output it doesnt seem to be a ton louder, but I do notice more of an impact.

I think to get the bass I want I will need to build a 3rd, or just build bigger boxes. my only problem is I dont understand how to use a modeling program like hornsrep, nor do I have the time to do so.

Any suggestions on what to do with the 2 drivers I have? Can I build bigger horns that will be louder and dig deeper and still use the dayton drivers i have?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.