Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 RCA RPTV's chassis ITC222 in my basement atm, a D56W20 (mine), and a D52W27D(mother-in-law's friend's). They both are doing the power light flash 3 times thing... After some researching on the internet, I've found out this is quite common on these tvs. I read that capacitors CP150, CP111, CP114 are what to check for in this situation. Both tvs have a bulged and blown CP150. The others stated all seem to be fine visually though.

My question is do these CP150's take anything else out with them when they blow? Could I just replace the CP150s and be done with them? I will be going to go find the parts I need and would like to make sure I get everything I need... Any other info you can tell me would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks in advance!:wave:

edit: I have the values for these capacitors as follows:

CP150 - 2200 uf 16v
CP111 - 330uf 35v
CP114 - 220 uf 35v

is this correct?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The caps that swell up generally do not have other related components fail with them. There are, however, a number of areas in these sets that are problematic and I would be very careful handling the connections and pay attention to resoldering all of the bad connections that you can find. I do not recall the values of the capacitors nor the location numbers, but generally, they are the filter caps on the low voltage supplies in the main PS secondary. Just replace them with the values that are in the set.

Do not assume that all of the problems with these sets are as easy as the PS caps. These sets are a challenge, even for an experienced tech when the problem is more than the rather trivial matter of the caps swelling up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts