Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something looks weird about this graph. Why does the freqs below 10hz start going up?

weird.jpg

Here is the graph with my soundcard and mic cal.

scard.jpg

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Why does the freqs below 10hz start going up?
The signal is basically in the noise at that point. When the meter calibration file applies it's inverse compensation, it makes the signal appear to rise. Note how the noise signal flattens just as the meter cal file flattens?

Simply ignore anything below about 11Hz in your graph. Set your horizontal axis to the standard 15Hz-200Hz and you won't see it.

brucek

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some graphs. These look awesome. I can't believe I have such a flat reposnse with only using Audyssey MULTEQ XT. I do have some peaks which can be dealt with with some external EQ. I took measurements of just one sub on, then just the other sub on and finally with both subs. The subs are both upfront straddling the center channel. They are facing each other about 30" apart. No smoothing, 0-100hz sweeps, 4 sweeps each.

dynasty.jpg
tower.jpg
two.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that's pretty awesome results. What sub and front speakers are you using btw? I guess you can forget about buying an equalizer for the subs. Does Audyssey supports subwoofer equalization?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that's pretty awesome results. What sub and front speakers are you using btw? I guess you can forget about buying an equalizer for the subs. Does Audyssey supports subwoofer equalization?
I am using Aperion 5Ts, 5C and the subs are Epik Tower and Epik Dynasty. Audyssey does have some sub equalization and some people think it works really well and others say it sucks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am using Aperion 5Ts, 5C and the subs are Epik Tower and Epik Dynasty. Audyssey does have some sub equalization and some people think it works really well and others say it sucks.
Well from the looks of it, it sure does look like it's working good for you! Nice response on those charts! Have you tried graphing it with audyssey turned off? Just to compare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts