Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a question concerning screen paint a year ago and I'm just now getting it done this weekend. haha.
Anyway, let me say first the the AAA-F formula I'm looking at is the 4101-4Z formula. Is this the new or old formula? It will be purchased from Amazon

Also, apparently Lowe's no longer carries Valspar Ultra Premium Super Flat Finish. They now carry the "Signature" and "Reserve" series. Assuming that is the old AAA-F formula that I will be purchasing, can it be used in conjunction with the "Signature" and "Reserve" series even with the Bermuda Beige tint?

And I suppose if that is the new AAA-F formula I will still be going with the Valspar Signature Matte tinted to Glidden Veil.

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

I'm in the same boat you are. ordered the stuff from AAA from Amazon as well, comes Monday. I assume it will be the new formula requiring “Valspar Ultra Premium Super Flat Finish” tinted (Glidden "Veil"); as you mentioned Valspar doesn't make that anymore; You mentioned using the valspar signature matt tinted in 'veil'. Mechman, or anyone else, will this work as an alternative?

Thx!!

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
All,

Here's the lot number from AAC from Amazon. Looks nothing like the new number. Anyone know if this is the old lot? I may call Auto Air to confirm .

Thx,

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thx Mechman!!

I called Auto Air (Color Craft) tech support and found out the only change in AAC paint was made in 2010. There is "NO" difference in paint materials/colors where lots show the "WDxxxx-81Bx" UPC (81 or greater), versus the newer "1AA-C15.03.01" UPC.

That said, I'll stick with the Glidden "Veil"

-Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts