Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know whether a 1080p resolution on a LCD/Plasma/DLP display is comparable to a 1080p image from a 1080p projector, all things being equal.
And if not, what is/are the differences?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
My seating distance is about 13ft +/- 2 ft. I have only a 7ft ceiling, and I don't think that gives me much room for mounting a projector that would not be in the way. Further, I have heard projectors can be noisy. But the reason I have been curious about it is that as we move to the next residence, it would be easier to move a projector than a 50+ inch display unit. Still, the clarity of images matters to me more than size so, based on Leonard's response, I will stick to the display format.
I also have to admit, I know a lot more about the video display format (LCP/DLP/PDP) than I do about projection. I do not understand terms like "gain" and the various ratios that come with it.

Otherwise, I am looking at a 65" PDP, for mostly movie use in a dim-dark room with light control. My only hang up is that I thought I could hold on to my 52 inch 1080i DLP for a few years. After 5 years, I'd be lucky to get $300 for it, but want to upgrade so I can get a BluRay player.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts