Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a TV for my mom. :help:

Her RCA 27" consol has expired and I want to get her a flat screen TV (she got over 26 years of use out of the RCA). She was talking Plasma but I am unable to find many Plasma TV's on the market in my area.

Note: The TV will only be used for viewing movies or Dish Network, I do not think a Blue Ray is in the future though her VCR/DVD player Samsung does have a HDMI ouput, games will not be played on this TV.

My budget: Around $700

Now for the questions:
Is it better to have a larger TV with lower contrast and refresh then a smaller TV with higher contrast and refresh when comparing a 42" vs a 40"?

How about contrast vs refresh on a certain size TV, would it be better to go with a lower contrast and a high refresh or a high contrast and a low refresh?

Plasma vs LCD?

Any suggestion on models that you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the Zenith 42 plasma from Sears, it has a high contrast on it, and 720p.
It has a decent rating on it and a 42 Plasma for around 500 is not that bad of price.
They will deliver it and hook it up for free since I had to order it.
Also with the extendend service they will come to her house to fix the set if it fails within the extended warantee period. Which is a major plus, since there is no way my mom would be able to bring the set in.
The service alos sets up a yearly maint on the TV for cleaning and general service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts